Thursday, November 27, 2008

Constructive notice

My childhood best friend got married 2 months ago. I wasn’t invited. I knew about it because I checked my Friendster and hers was updated – a new primary photo and new civil status. I also viewed her newly uploaded folder entitled “Wedding.”
Although I haven’t seen nor spoken to her for more than 10 years, I still felt betrayed for not being invited and informed. We live 5 villages apart and there’s always the cell phone. Do I really have to find out via Friendster?
**
My friend Rose has a boyfriend named Miguel. They have been going out for some time but their relationship had been on the rocks lately, on the rumors that Miguel is cheating on Rose. Miguel was denying it, claiming he and the girl were just friends. After a big fight, they stopped talking to each other, without breaking up.
After a few days of not talking, Rose checked her Friendster to blog about her life, only to discover that she no longer has a boyfriend. Miguel’s status 24 hours ago is “Single.”
**
Friendster is really a great way to find out how the world is getting on without us. It is not as if we could tell our friends to inform us properly before they make changes in their lives.
Perhaps I should file a case against my college debtors and post a shout out saying “To (name), just letting you know I am suing you in the MTC of Cainta. XOXO” How’s that for notice? Maybe that would teach them.

2 comments:

reiz tanchico said...

hehe...it would be nice if we could send notices via the internet, it's going to be economical and ecofriendly too...

Angela de Guzman said...

This sounds really familiar. I also know someone who was so upset to learn from friendster that her close friend got married and she wasn't invited. tsk tsk.